These are the things you need to do first so you can consider your options:
- Your credit history and your credit score, ... Pull your credit from all three repositories
- Do research on the guidelines for all types of loans. These two links will get your started: VA credit guidelines and FHA credit guidelines. Don't worry, they don't sell anything and they don't do mortgages. They will also help you find answers to your questions if you send them an email. They don't share or use your info.
- Calculate your DTI
- Determine how much money you have for a down payment.
- Do your research, research, research, and research again. You should understand the guidelines as well as your average loan officer.
- Get your documentation together. There will be so much needed your will be sick of it!
Most loans now take anywhere from two to three months to close. There are some things you can do ahead of time to help your underwriting process go smoother. This is a short video and it has good information. In fact, many loan officers miss this stuff. Don't you, ... be prepared.
Hope this helps. If you still have questions just send us an email.