Thursday, October 2, 2008

HR 3997 - HR 1424

I don't know how you feel about all this economic bail out stuff but it really gets me angry. I'm not going to share my opinion because it doesn't matter. However, I think everyone should read the bill and develop their own opinion based on facts, not media hype.

I did some research and have links below of the pdf files so you can read it for yourself, or download it and read it later. I would like to say that in my opinion all bills going up for vote should be available to the public BEFORE they vote. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Maybe we can change that.

IF you want to just download the files to read later you only have to right click with your mouse and select "save target as", then tell it where you want it saved on your computer. I usually just put the stuff on my desktop.

This link is to the pdf file on HR 3997, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 that was voted on in the house of representative on the 28th. This is the original version. HR 3997

This is HR 1424 which is the revised version of the bill (HR 3997) and was actually passed. HR 1424

This link is a one page summary of the Act. One Page Summary

This link is for the section by section summary. It is much better than the one page summary. section by section summary


This stuff is worth the read. Post your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment